Nevis LLC Formation
A Nevis Limited Liability Company (LLC) when formed will be a separate legal entity to that of its owners (members). The legislation states that the LLC is solely liable for its own debts, liability and obligations, hence provides strong liability protection to the members (owners) from creditors. The LLC may have at least just one member, but this is not often used if the goal is asset protection.
The Nevis Limited Liability Company Ordinance was enacted in 1995 and offers strong asset protection to its members in the event that the LLC is sued. Section 20 of the said LLC Ordinance provides added protection to its members by stating that a case brought against the LLC and naming a member or manger is grounds for a dismissal.
As the scope of doing business is dynamic, some amendments were made to the Ordinance as recent as May 2015.
We recommend that persons who wish to form a Nevis LLC with Acme Trust Services Limited for asset protection strategies that they seek legal advice before contacting us.
Benefits of Forming a LLC in Nevis
- Asset protection for the company.
- Liability protection for the owners/members.
- Low formation and annual renewal rates.
- Formation can be completed in 24 hours.
- Confidentiality – Owners names are not part of public records.
- May own land, homes, businesses and other assets that are outside St. Kitts and Nevis.
- May be managed by the manager exclusive of members or by members as members.
To download the Nevis LLC formation questionnaire