Estate planning: Types of trusts
Chief advantages of trusts, they let you:
- Put conditions on how and when your assets are distributed after you die;
- Reduce estate and gift taxes;
- Distribute assets to heirs efficiently without the cost, delay and publicity of probate court. Probate can cost between 5% to 7% of your estate;
- Better protect your assets from creditors and lawsuits;
- Name a successor trustee, who not only manages your trust after you die, but is empowered to manage the trust assets if you become unable to do so.
Read the full article here. http://money.cnn.com/pf/money-essentials-trusts/